Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Nor Things to Come: A Novel of the West

I should have mentioned this weeks ago, but several important distractions prevented me from doing so. After 40 months (give or take a few days) of dedicated work, I finished the final chapter of Nor Things to Come: A Novel of the West on July 16, 2013. I completed the epilogue three days later. Two friends, and my wife, are currently proofreading the 783-page manuscript. I expect they will require several months to finish the job. Final tally: prologue, 63 chapters, epilogue, 3 parts, 265,833 words, seven primary characters, dozens of secondary characters, a fictional book-within-a-book, history, comedy, tragedy, romance, murder, betrayal, redemption, horses, two cats, and a mongrel of a dog. I plan to send the revised manuscript to the publisher by late November.

And because my son advised me to include more photographs in this blog, I offer you the following picturesque view of Silver City, Idaho:

No comments:

Post a Comment